Skip to main content

Summer Already?

How can we already be half-way through June?  After James' graduation in May we celebrated Brad's birthday on the 28th.  The boys helped me make his favorite cake.
Such wonderful little kitchen helpers!
The next day we celebrated at Mom and Dad's.
The next day we went to see Bean and Lindsay in Lubbock for the weekend.  They are always so hospitable and we love our time with them.
While we were there, Mom and Dad kept the kids for us.  The kids had the best time ever!  Mom took the boys to Wonderland and they about died from fun-overload.
 
 
 
When we got back in town, James had an appointment with an allergist.  He has so many allergies that I didn't know about.  It was such a hard experience for him too.  It broke my heart.  He is severely allergic to several different trees but also to some of his very favorite foods like milk, wheat, tomatoes, bananas, and others.  I haven't had time to make a game plan on how we are going to deal with this yet.  I'm not ready to do allergy shots every week for two years as the doctor told us we need to do and it's overwhelming me to think of all the diet changes we need to make for him.  He is having his tonsils and adenoids out in a month so I'm praying that will help with how often he is sick.  I just need to get my mind wrapped around all of this.
After that appointment we went to our sweet little friend, Piper's birthday party.  My kids are big fans of Chuck E Cheese...like every other child on the planet.  And also big fans of Piper so this was a big hit.  Just what Jamesie needed to get over his traumatic appointment.  And he was sure to show everyone at the party his back with all the pokes.
 
 
 
Later that night, Katy Jane was sure full of love for her brothers.  I think she knew James needed extra loving that night after his rough day.
 
 
Our family has a new precious bundle of sweetness!  Brad's sister Karin had their 3rd baby, Cason Taylor and I cannot wait to get my hands on him and love him to pieces!
 Stop it!  I can't handle it!
 Oh. My. Gosh.
 Ok.  That does it.  I need another baby.
Speaking of babies.  This one is giving me a run for my money.  She is a hand full.  But we are all crazy about her.  Her brothers spoil her as much or more as Brad and I do. 
James is the worst of all.  He jumps through hoops for her.
 
And her Daddy...forget about it.  He's a lost cause.  Wrapped around her little finger.
 
The kids have been begging Brad to fly kites with them for weeks.  We finally got around to it and the kids loved it.  I loved seeing the difference in their personalities.  James ran and jumped and cheered and was just overall thrilled by the whole experience.  Jude, on the other hand, observed, then took his time to figure out how the kite works and how he could use the least amount of energy possible to make it fly.
 
 
 
Almost every time (okay...maybe every single time) I cook I end up burning something and setting the smoke detectors off.  It happens so often that the children have learned to go to their posts and fan at the oven to make the smoke go away.  James has even learned to prop open the back door to let the smoke out.  Jude takes his fanning job very seriously.  It's no wonder they ask for pizza so often.
 
 
I am super proud of my sweet little Jude lately and the huge improvements he's made with his speech.  He has come so far and I LOVE to hear his precious little voice and the way his words sound.  He melts my heart.
One of the things I love about Jude is that the second we get home from doing anything, he wants to run in and put on his jammies.  It doesn't matter if we've been gone all day or just for 5 minutes.  If we are home, he's ready to get his pj's on.
I also love how contemplative he is.  He takes in a situation and thinks about it before responding.  I love learning about him.
 
 
 
 
 
 

We have VBS next week at church and we are so excited about it.  This is my first year to be at FBC for VBS and also to get to help with it.  I am amazed at the amount of time, love and dedication our church puts into reaching young hearts for the Lord.  It is going to be amazing.

Comments