Skip to main content

700 Wives

Sunday evenings at our church, Dr. Batson is doing a series called "A Look At A Book" where he describes a book of the Old Testament.  Tonight's was Song Of Solomon.  Yaowza.  I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked over at James engrossed in his coloring and snacking on raisins.  I thought he was oblivious to the subject matter.  Dr. Batson said that King Solomon had 700 wives.  James looked straight up at me, WIDE-eyed, and exclaimed (loudly), "700 WIVES??!?!?!"  (I tried to shhh him).  And then only slightly quieter he said, "700 WIVES is A LOT of wives!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's more than 100 wives!!!!!"  The wisdom of a 5 year old.  He was sitting next to Parker and asked her if she would like to come live with us.  As we left the sanctuary they were holding hands.  I guess he figured he better get a jump on things if he has to have 700 wives.  But I was pleased to find out that he really IS listening.
It is such a blessing to actually look forward to going to church and being blessed, uplifted and encouraged from having been there.  The children look forward to going and can't wait until the next time we get to go.  I can't tell you the joy it brings me to hear James ask me each morning if we get to go to church today.
 
 

We were early to church tonight because the kids wanted to go to the libraries and check out some videos and books.  And to be honest, we just love being there. We ran into Dr. Batson in the hall and all 3 children made a beeline for him.  He was meeting with someone and so I tried to direct the kids away from him.  As he greeted them, he said, "Never shoo them away from me!"  How dear.  We are so blessed.  Too be so fortunate to have our kids surrounded by adults that love them and care deeply about their spiritual growth...but then for Brad and I to have that too, is more than I dared to pray for.
~~~~~
Tonight on the way to church we saw this at the DQ.  God Bless Texas.

Comments