Skip to main content

Katy Cakes, Tater Tot, Kate Kate

My little girl.  I prayed for so many years for this little girl.  And she more than answers all of my prayers.  She's everything I hoped my little girl would be and so much more.  SO. much. more.  This tiny little thing gives me a run for my money.  Literally.

Yesterday the kids had their well checks and flu shots with our sweet Dr. Honey.  Jude went first.  He cried but did ok.  Katy Jane started crying immediately.  Panicking almost.  James went next.  He handled it like a champ.  By this time Katy Jane had reached a full on frenzied cry.  I was helping James off the table when I heard the door open.  I turned just in time to see Katy Jane running down the hallway, pigtails flying, and screaming hysterically the whole way!  I looked at the nurse in shock and said, "She just left!"

The hallway at the doctor's office is long and has a couple of turns.  I took off after her and she had already made the first turn.  She made it all the way to a dead end.  She had two choices: turn left and she was home free, turn right and she's trapped.  Luckily she turned right and I caught her.  But that only made things worse.  I thought she was at full volume as she screamed her way down the hall.  Wrong.    She reached a pitch and volume that made me dizzy.  Thankfully our sweet nurse Raine took her from me while Katy Jane screamed, "NO!! NO!! NO!!!!" the whole way back to our room.  My sweet friend Raine LOVES my children and does not want to see them cry or make them cry...so for her to take a hysterical, screaming Katy from me was a blessing and huge help that she knew I needed.

By this point we were 3 nurses deep and still hadn't gotten to the shot yet.  The boys were wide-eyed and in shock.  Maybe because she actually had the nerve to leave the room and make a break for it, or maybe because their tiny baby sister required 4 grown women to get her restrained.  We won in the end though.  I can't count the number of times these precious ladies have had my back...and my child.

When we were checking out Katy Jane asked me when she has to get a shot again and I told her not for another year.  She collapsed onto the floor in a heap of tears and said, "How long is that?!?!?" I said, "365 days."  Sobbing she said, "But that's just like tomorrow!!!!!"

She calls the flu shot a blue shot.  In the car and for a couple of hours after the appointment, she was livid that she had a pink bandaid.  I couldn't figure out why.  She said, "The boys got BLUE!  I was supposed to get blue!!!!"  I said, "But Katy, pink is your favorite color!"  She said, "But the boys got a blue shot!  I got a pink shot!  Pink shots hurt worse!!!!"

One of the sweet nurses that helped up capture the escapee made the kids these awesome balloons.  The boys were thrilled, Katy Jane was still traumatized.
Not.  Happy.
Before all of the excitement I made the kids do their schoolwork.  Homeschool in the doctor's office? Sure, why not!
The other day Katy Jane was eating a cheeseburger and said, "I'm going to plant these seeds and grow a hamburger vine!" (The sesame seeds)  I like the way she thinks!  Fingers crossed that it works!

Comments