Skip to main content

October-December 2015

What!?  2 months?  TWO MONTHS?!?!  What in the whole wide world is wrong with me?  It seems like homeschooling 3 sweet kids is taking up more of my time than I thought it would...leaving my poor little blog neglected.  So I will have to put a ton of pictures into this one post. 

Katy Jane and Jude are like Bonnie and Clyde.  They are BFFs and pretty much inseparable.  He is so protective of her.  She waits patiently for him to finish his work so they can get back to playing.
I am head over heels in love with this silly girl.  I never imagined that my daughter would be the class clown.  But she is so funny and keeps us laughing.
She melts my heart.  She is a total girly-girl.
 
Towards the end of October Jude and I went back to Children's Medical Center to try to figure out why his back hurts and pops when he walks.  My fear was that it was the cancer.  Thankfully we found out that it is not but they do not know what is causing the pain and popping.  We will go back next month for more testing.  Before we left, two of my precious friends gave Jude this basket for his trip.
I'm so proud of my strong, brave Judie Bug!
Jude loves watching the view from our hotel.
And of course the obligatory bed jump.
A late night run to the lobby for a quick snack.
He did not want to wake up.
And when he did, he hid from me because he didn't want to go to the hospital.  An excellent hiding spot too!  I almost didn't find him.
He is always so brave.  The Lord gave this one an extra measure of strength and bravery.  I love him so.
Off he goes!
The sedation left him with a crushing headache.  I would give anything in the world to take every bit of this from him.  It was awful.
After several hours, pain meds, and finally being able to eat, things calmed down and we went to Scottish Rite.  More tests, more doctors, more waiting. But I was so happy to see that sweet, brave smile back.
 Waiting, waiting, waiting.
Finally able to go to the playground!
 
Back at home James and Katy Jane got some special time with Nana and Papa.
Jude and Katy Jane were happy to be back together.  These two... Oy.
Meanwhile, Brad was in Washington.  We missed him terribly.
 
Uncle Bean and Aunt Lindsay came for a visit!  They spoiled my kids rotten.
 
 
Hanging out with friends.
Hiding in a cubby at church.
Homeschool by the fire.
 
James is loving his piano lessons.  He says that piano is "his thing".  I love that he loves it.
 Fall!
Katy Jane lives for her ballet lessons.  She calls it "balalaet".  It is absolutely her favorite day of the week.
We were so excited for Daddy to get home!  The kids made a banner and we waited at the airport for him.  And we waited.  And we waited.  And we waited.
 
And then we went home empty-handed.  Several hours later we went back and tried again.
FINALLY HOME!!!!  This is one loved Daddy!
Halloween! Elsa and 2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Our church puts on a Trunk Or Treat each year.  It is so much fun!  We love to see all of our little friends all dressed up.
 
 
 The princess insisted on being fed her Frito pie.  Of course.
 
This was from a super fun night at church called "The Great Date".

 
We will never get tired of their snuggles...no matter how big they get.
This girl loves her green beans.  Even just for a snack.  She's so funny!
Tracing letters in shaving cream.
 
We had a quick ice cream date with Nana and Papa one afternoon.
Complete with ice-creamy-kisses.
 My birthday.
James got two different trophies for being able to say all 66 books of the Bible.  We are so proud of him.  He works so hard.
 
This is how I found them watching tv one night.  They are so funny!
Jude has been working so hard on his letters.  James noticed that he was having a hard time with some of the letters so he made up a game for Jude.  I was super impressed and proud.  What a thoughtful brother!  Jude, on the other hand, not so thrilled.
The boys helped Papa bring around some firewood.
 
The fun begins when Daddy gets home!
Christmas decorating!
 Thanksgiving with my sweet family.  What a blessing!
My love!
I'm so thankful for my family.
Morgan and Papa
 Madison, Katy Jane and James
 Oh boy...these two monkeys.  The laughs never stop.
The family that naps together...
My kids think their cousin is their own personal jungle gym.
And snuggle buddy.
 We are one snuggly bunch.
Madison got to come to Sunday school with Katy Jane and I.
Our sweet pastor.
Sunday afternoon naps by the fire are my favorite!
 Reindeer cookies.
 My sweet friends Lindsay teaching me to arm knit.
 The finished product.
My favorite Christmas tradition is reading our advent book.
 Jude likes to put his "blue blank" in his pj's at night.
We started a new Christmas tradition this year.  We went to Christmas in Canyon on the square.  We loved it!
 The craft they made.
Afterwards we came home to new Christmas pj's and a Christmas movie.

Comments