Skip to main content

James' 7th Birthday

My sweet baby boy turned 7 Friday.  7!!!  How could that be?  It has gone by too quickly.  James is a bright burst of sun to every day.  He has been since the day he was born. 

He woke me up Friday morning at 5am so that I could tell him Happy Birthday.  
Of course my little chef doesn't request an easy, normal birthday cake.  He wants one of the fanciest, most difficult ones in my cookbook.  I love that. 
This boy loves his puppies.
 
We are so blessed to have Nana and Papa here for all of our special occasions...and all the regular ones too.
 
So the winner gift this birthday was a Lite Brite from Nana and Papa.  The kids are OBSESSED with it.  So much so that Nana and Papa may or may not have had to buy a second one today for a very jealous 5 year old.
He got his first real gun!
I love my sweet little family. 
This little princess loves her sweet Daddy.
Safety goggles!  Sweet!
James has the two best shooters I know teaching him all about his new gun.  I have a feeling he's going to be pretty good.
 
 
My precious boy!  I love him so.

Oh my precious boy.  How did we get here so fast?  It was just 5 minutes ago that I held you for the first time.  I fell crazy in love at first glance.  They say that the baby born after a loss is called a "rainbow baby". You appreciate a rainbow so much more after a dark and troubling storm.  James, you more than fit that description.  You are a daily, constant source of joy.  Your laughter, your wit, your thoughtfulness and love.  You are more than I ever knew to pray for.  My hope after a storm.  I always tell you that you filled up an empty place in our hearts.  You bring us so much joy.  We love you so much. 
 I'd give anything to hold that tiny baby one more time. 
 
 
 
Look at my little pumpkin!  Oh my word!
7 wonderful years and so many more ahead.  What a joy to get to experience life through your eyes.  Happy 7th birthday my love.

Comments